Sunday, March 13, 2011

Homemade Beauty: Face Mask


A few months ago, while browsing at the library, I came across the book French Women For All Seasons by Mireille Guiliano. I have a weakness for things French, so I skimmed it. I was intrigued by the author's idea of "seasonal living," and so I checked it out. It was a lovely little read, about taking care of one's self according to the seasons, from eating to dressing to just lifestyle in general. The writer was so optimistic about life, and her book was full of positive, practical advice, that is so easy to apply to yourself.
The book spoke of beauty, with a focus of taking care of your skin. Instead of using store bought masks and peels, the author reminisced on her mother's homemade beauty masks. How quaint, yes? But also useful. Here's a homemade mask that I like and that both clarifies my dry skin and makes it soft.

Mask
dollop of honey
squeeze of lemon

Wash your face in warm water. Mix the lemon and honey together and apply to your face. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse with cool water. And you're done! So simple, so easy, so practical. Quelle belle!

No comments:

Post a Comment