Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Outdoor Cooking


I know in some places in the country, there's still a chill in the air, but here where I live it's starting to get warm. Warm enough, that firing up the grill for dinner is becoming an option some evenings. Last night it was a warm evening, and my son was happily playing in the sunshine, and I decided instead of using the oven for the meal I had planned, I'd just move my cooking outdoors. The chicken breasts that were going to go in the oven and the asparagus that was headed for a pot of boiling water went out onto the grill. I added some mixed greens and boiled the new potatoes, and topped it all off with a mustard vinaigrette. Even my four year old devoured the asparagus.  Delicious warm weather meal, eaten happily on our little patio in the sunshine.

Grilled Asparagus

Ingredients

1 lb asparagus
2 Tbsp olive oil
Sea Salt

1. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt to taste.

2. Place on a hot grill (350-400 degrees). Grill, turning, for 5-10 minutes.

3. Serve plain or with mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment