Friday, April 29, 2011

Simple Hummus


I like complicated, many ingredient recipes. I like using more then one pot, chopping, steaming, measuring,  getting out my Kitchen Aid mixture.  But sometimes, you just want a simple recipe. Something you can just whip up when the urge strikes you and have little clean up, and have it ready in minutes. That's how easy it is to make homemade hummus dip. I found a "5-minute" recipe for hummus in an issue of Real Simple, and I made it even easier (so my version is, like, 4-minutes) and used even fewer ingredients. And it's so good. Lick the bowl good.

Hummus (adapted from Real Simple)

Ingredients

1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1-2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon scant kosher salt

1. In a blender or food processor, mix all ingredients together and puree until smooth and creamy. Add 1-2 tablespoons water, if necessary, for desired consistency.

2. Serve with pita chips, chopped veggies, or use as a spread on sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment